Friday, March 2, 2012

Fang-tastic Friday!



Every Friday i will be rambling on about different genres of books in the fantasy category ! 
And this week is obviously gonna be vampires! :D 


Most of the books in this category are mostly hit and miss ! they seem to cling to the too well known stereo types ( turn into bats, slicked back hair ,cape and bad accent!) now personally i don't like this but maybe you will ? but the whole they burn in day light and drink blood these i don't mind they seem to be the staples in which all authors go by.





I'v read Bram Stokers Dracula and obviously this book is a staple in popular culture in vampire writing . In Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series  i loved the concept that vampires are out in the open and everyone has come to terms with it ! a kind of original idea i love.


 I'v read the morganville vampire series books , when i started to read them i absolutely loved them when it got to the sixth book ( i dont know if its just me ) but the author seems to prolonging it at the risk of ruining them ! everytime i finish them and then find out theres another i find myself thinking will she just give them a happy ending or kill them off ! in my opinion its do one of the other before she ruins the entire series! dont get me wrong they were still readable but the last couple i struggled to pick them back up once i put them down ! as iv said in one of my recent reviews. 






Dont get me wrong i LOVE!!! vampire books you can get lost in them but my all time favourite has to be Anne rice's interviewer with a vampire! i love old historian type books and vampire books so this just sucked me in from the first sentence! "I see... said the vampire thoughtfully, and slowly he walked across the room towards the window. For a long time he stood there against the dim light from Divisidero Street and the passing beams of traffic." To me its pure magic always reminds how easy it is to be taken into the world of books! I'v always loved paranormal books especially one that's involve the creepy things that go bump in the night ! And im a complete sucker for the movies too i loved the Buffy movie!
(the one with Luke Perry) Its unbelievably cheesy and predictable as i just said they used some of the usual stereo types but come one everyone complains about the things they secretly love well maybe that's just me ?? 


Some of my favorite vampire books are 

  • Interviewer with a vampire by Anne Rice (as i'v said)
  • Twilight By Stephanie Meyer ( i know this book is played out but its a bit of my guilty pleasure and the graphic novels are stunningly done )
  • The Vampire diaries   L. J. ...Smith (one of the first vampire series i read after twilight and i just fell in love with it ! and and i'm completely team Damon , Stefan P's me off with his indecisiveness!)
  • Memnoch the devil by Anne rice! ( As your starting to figure Ann rice is one of my favorite authors!!)
  • Sookie Stackhouse series by  Charlaine Harris ( Just a birlliant Author!)
Well there just five of them if i was truly to name all my favorites id be here forever and i just ordered a Chinese :D no i'm kidding ! but think that's enough rambling for now 


Next Friday i'm gonna be rambling on about fairy tales! so if anyone has any recent take on fairy tales they can suggest to me it would be great ! 


Happy Reading Bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Cool meme! :) I absolutely love vampires, they are one of my favorite mythical creatures!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete